I possessori del Nokia N79 saranno contenti di sapere che dovrebbe essere disponibile un aggiornamento del firmware di questo terminale, che approda alla versione 11.049.
Il condizionale è dovuto al fatto che la notizia, apparsa sul forum di Telefon-Treff, non è ancora stata ufficilizzata da Nokia sul suo sito. L’aggiornamento dovrebbe essere disponibile via NSU (e forse anche via OTA, Over-The-Air).
Per quanto riguarda le novità ed i miglioramenti, ecco di seguito il corposo changelog di questo aggiornamento.
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 10.046 to version 11.049:
– New version of N-Gage
– New version of Mail for Exchange
– Search & WLAN information difficult to read in Active Idle.
– Active Idle screen becomes blank in landscape mode.
– Default Active Idle shortcuts configured.
– Active Idle going dead after quickly accepting and rejecting an incoming video call.
– White boxes shown on the screen while doing orientation change quickly in idle mode.
– The sis file which is installed to MoviNand or SD card cannot be seen in application manager.
– Wrong Feature Manager flag used for seamless link functionality.
– Flashlite sis installation is not successful in the first attempt.
– Unable to upgrade graphic icons in Media Player / Media Settings via sis file.
– Unable to upgrade ROM based UI application by installing new version to memory card.
– Application Update self-update never completes.
– Upgrade of BrowserAudioVideoPlugin.rsc via sw installation is not possible.
– Upgrade of Connection Manager via sw installation is not possible.
– Tunings improvements for IHF audio.
– Keypad tones cannot be tuned for IHF.
– UI Accelerator toolkit (Hitchcock/Alfred) stub file missing.
– Locking keys and then opening camera reveal confuses orientation sensor.
– Disable orientation in alarm ringing, incoming call and semi active state.
– Panic after orientation change.
– Bluetooth headset disconnects when Wireless Keyboard is disconnected from the phone automatically.
– Phone panics when changing views in Bluetooth menu while choosing the last connected device from paired view.
– Phone crashes and doesn’t disconnect correctly in audio gateway.
– BT stereo audio drops when using certain accessories.
– Pre-defined browser bookmarks missing from APAC2 variant.
– Added empty folder in Americas bookmarks to make embedded bookmarks work.
– Bookmark shortcuts revert to prior setting following backup.
Browser and Streaming
– After selecting a link in Expedia website, a panic occurred and “Application closed: !CookieServer” is shown.
– Device crashes upon receiving a big cookie in an HTTP response.
– Hotspot Browser Login UI not scalable.
– Browser launch in embedded mode with custom access point setting does not work.
– Reconnecting to streaming content doesn’t work and default connection is changed to “Always ask” after trying to connect again.
– Note “MediaPlayerTemp has not been saved. Save now” displays when user exits preview in BrowserNG.
– 30s timer for out-of-coverage monitoring in the browser utilities is too short
– ITU keypad lights stays off when browsing in landscape mode.
– Helix crash or general “memory full” issue occurred when streaming a high resolution clip (704×576) and high bit rate (3Mbip/s).
– PP bit #165 flag should be off.
– Calendar plug-in displays events incorrectly.
– Alarms missed note shown when Calendar is opened even when there are no missed alarms.
Camera and Video
– Indicator LED is not on.
– Application closed: Image viewer is shown after pressing Send key many times.
– LED flash is weak.
– Still capture and video recording with main camera does not work when there is a HW fault with acme secondary camera.
– Capture tone and Internet Radio play simultaneous when capture button is pressed when camera is auto focusing.
– Sometimes images captured in dark conditions are totally white
– Front camera image rotation is not working properly.
– Camera crashes if IVE policy server releases client immediately after reserve.
– Camera view finder opens when keylock is on.
– Camera freezes when capturing video with “Normal” quality and when Photos application is not closed after clip has been watched.
– Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
– Keylock activation plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance started.
– Camera shutter and volume key lights are OFF when secondary camera is in use.
– Camera reveal open/close events are not executed when keypad is locked.
– Device does not go to sleep correctly after using camera.
– Error note “Unexpected error occurred…” displays and Camera cannot be used unless reboot DUT after playing one video clip in different Phone mode on TV.
– After recording and then deleting the video, the camera LED flashes once when back to video mode.
– Image and video counter do not display all digits in settings views.
– Camera is disabled if keylock is pressed (unlocked) during video call.
– Camera preview opens even in keylock.
– Camera application is started even when device is locked.
– Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
– Recorded video time counter disappears when another video is captured subsequently.
– Camera viewfinder is shown incorrectly after opening the lens cover when camera is opening.
– Camera cannot be launched when device is in Landscape view.
– Changing to secondary camera when viewfinder is not yet shown causes unexpected error.
– Video camera is not started after few repeats.
– Camera crashes when opening video quality settings rapidly after recording.
– Phone is in still image viewfinder mode when answering an incoming call in burst mode.
– Pressing applications key immediately after starting video capture causes post-capture image to be missing when returning the camera from background.
– Cannot play video sometimes after recording has stopped.
– Phone reboots when recording is started.
– The note of “Unexpected error occurred. Restart phone” pops up when receiving a BT message in recoding state.
– Wrong view is shown when using secondary camera while video playback is paused in the background.
– Viewfinder image quality seriously degrades when recording a video.
– Video playback hangs in application switch use case.
– Crash is detected after recording high quality video clips for 50 iterations.
– Camera jams when stopping video recording.
– The camera hangs when the recording has been paused for one minute.
– Video stabilisation not working.
– Overlapping functionality when pressing Volume/Zoom key in Camera (music is playing in background).
– Keylock plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance to be started when in Messaging.
– Backlight automatically turned off during video playback.
– The clock in application status pane is not updated after power-saver deactivates.
– Phone lost correct time during power off.
– Removing battery during alarm makes the device unusable.
– Alarm alert dialogue box disappears if setting new alarm when alarm goes off.
– Display light remains on when clock/calendar alarm is not cancelled or snoozed.
– Device panics when headset is powered on/off very fast.
– Nothing is heard when 616 car kit and wired headphone is connected to the phone during MT CS call.
– Contacts application closed after selecting “All contacts” in Multimedia menu.
– Pre-defined Contacts does not support Chinese characters.
– Search pane does not work after deleting one contact in Chinese mode.
– Contact name with enter key is displayed incorrectly in Sender list view after importing it from Contacts.
– Adding new number from SMS to existing number in ADN causes number to corrupt.
– Some default settings values are against the specs in Russian variant.
– Default USB connection mode is Mass storage. It should be PC Suite.
– Delivery via Device Management corrupts EAP-FAST PAC file.
– The music in File Manager is played when pressing Pause/Play key on headset.
– File manager crash when in USB mass storage connection and trying to copy with Remote drive.
– Unable to open or delete file whose name contains illegal characters.
– Mark/Unmark menu item displays additional ‘Mark All’ sub-menu item even when all items are already marked.
– S60 3.2 phones allow user to tune to FM frequency lower than 87.5MHz.
– Current Playing Radio item is not shown in idle state of screen after changing standby theme from Basic to Horizontal icon bar.
– FM transmitter deactivated after receiving a voice call.
– Audio playback is heard from stereo BT when FM TX is activated.
– FM TX Chirp signal does not switch off after 5 minutes.
– FM TX usability improvements implemented.
– FM transmitter still transmits when headphones attached.
– IHF cannot be enabled during call when FMTx is on.
– Mobile crash after updating the phone with dummy package using FOTA.
– FOTA Suspend and Resume: Resume download doesn’t work when DM server uses Silent mode.
– Naviscroll behaviour is jumpy in Gallery.
– MPXCollectionserver and SQL Server consuming 20% of CPU for just viewing and switching between images using navikey.
– Naviscroll light is ON only in Gallery/Images folder.
– The help topic for Theme switch can’t be opened.
– Description about Podcasting in Help is incorrect.
– The Help topics about “video sharing” and “video calls” need to be removed in EDGE variant.
– Help data is missing for some options related to access points.
– Help application hangs after selecting Naviwheel setting link in Help.
– Boxes in Help text in Finnish language.
– Strange text exists in Help text for Office Folder in Simplified Chinese language.
– Duplicate word “”Drucken”” in Photos Help topic in German language.
– Most of the help topics are missing when English is in use in Thai variant.
– Some words are localized to incorrect language in Help topics in Bahasia Indonesia language.
– Help topics missing from Camera -> Options -> Customise toolbar -> Options ->Help.
– ‘Frequency presets’ topic is missing in the help of ‘Equaliser’.
– The Application launching link ‘Music player’ does not work in the Help topic of ‘Edit frequency presets’ .
– A blank page is opened when clicking ‘Internet call connectivity sett.’ link in Internet call settings in Help.
– Audio themes application can not be opened when clicking the link from Audio themes in Help.
– Strange text exists in Help text for Games tile when in Chinese language.
– Many question marks in Help for software checker (NSC) in Chinese translation.
– Helps are missing from American-English.
– Some words in Help are localized to incorrect language.
– Wrong help topic opens for Help topic “Sensor settings” in localised English.
– The help content of SW Checker is not shown correctly in Chinese language.
– A few display texts are shown as logical names in Chinese language
– Phone UI conflict after playing video and music at same time.
– Upload to Corel DMS failed.
– Filename extension is missing or wrong (.mp3) from downloaded WAV-audio files.
– Share content view is not updated properly.
– Content server crash when C-drive is full.
– None is still displayed for home access point after creating new access point in Home Media.
– Unable to copy image and video files when home network is Orb server.
– Create new access point doesn’t work properly.
– Changing “hide phone” to “show phone” sometimes results with crash.
– Selected device’s Music and Uploaded folders can not be accessed in Home Media.
– Phone crashes when Home Media application is closed.
– DRM file is not skipped when copying files from handset to media server.
– ‘Application closed: MediaServer_MainThread’ displays during sharing if memory is almost full.
– Images & Videos updating dialog box is not refreshed if “Visibility in network” has been changed during sharing many images.
– Print server crashes connecting to UPnP printer.
– Media Servant did not harvest all 10000 files.
– Metadata hasn’t been refreshed.
Key and Keypad Functionality
– Zooming functionality is not performed by ITU-Keys.
– Long press of Lock key for unlocking re-locks again.
– S60 keypad is not working after waking up device during call.
– Naviselect key press filtering does not work properly.
– Navikey centre select not filtered.
– Keypad lock haptics have wrong intensity, length and interval time.
– Forward locked java applications fail to start.
-.Icon for invalid rights is shown for WM DRM protected videos in RealPlayer.
– Deleting licenses fails if C: drive doesn’t have enough memory.
– Boot up failure when ALS component is detached in drop testing.
– Lights are controlled wrongly in several use cases.
– Send/End keys are not illuminated even when other S60 lights are on.
– S60 and ITU-T illumination not turned on after reboot and keylock release.
– Navikey light doesn’t light up in semi-active state.
– Navikey LED functionality improvements.
– Support for Korean language selection.
– Positioning server address is not retrieved.
– No GPS fix after factory reset.
– Can not use Chinese characters to search in Maps application.
– Landmarks: Panic is detected when cancelling searching current position.
– Maps and Landmarks can’t be opened when phone language set to Catalan.
– GPS is not stopping after Camera enters Standby Mode and consuming battery.
– Assisted GPS and “Integrated GPS” items are not localized to Chinese in positioning methods view.
Memory and Memory Card
– Memory full displayed when opening multiple applications.
– Memory leak is detected when making BT modem dial up connection over 3G.
– After restoring settings from memory card, a number off settings are not restored.
– Scroll bar displayed the first time entering Menu application after booting even though Menu
application view don’t need a scroll bar.
– The Options soft key is inactive after moving an application to a new position.
– Pressing Menu key shows previously visited item first before switching to default.
– Number of saved msgs. default value is 20 instead of 100.
– Predictive text default value in Language is “Off” instead of “On”.
– Receive adverts’ default value is “Yes” instead of “No”.
– Impossible to insert new image to MMS message.
– Panic happens when connect to pop3 mail server.
– Application crash after pressing End Key to close attachment of email message.
– MMS viewer crash with unprotected content when playback is restricted.
– Unable to open MMS/SMS messaging url in the page: http://rave.cellulardata.com/xhtml/…_url_tests.html
– Launching Message Viewer for Business Card not working from external home screen.
– Truncated email username causing problem with login.
– Messaging application closed when deleting a keyword after searching the marked items.
– Cannot fetch email with OD2 WMDRM song as attachment.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: Can not enter the application or application crash after removing battery.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: The localization of Junk in rules list view cannot be changed after changing the phone’s Language.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: “Application closed: Message” is displayed when creating a new rule named “Junk”.
– Phone panics during “Send via bluetooth”.
– Note ‘Remove XXX.jpg ‘ is truncated after one image is inserted to MMS twice and then try to remove the second one.
– Error message missing if receiving message when FLASH is below critical level.
– Gimlet: Cannot configure client after backup/restore to SD.
– Inbox message can’t be read, deleted, or moved.
– China UI SMS Filter breaks SMS timestamp.
– Message sending issue on PC Suite when multiple recipients selected.
– General: Feature not supported message seen when sending email with incorrect username or password.
– E-mail message retrieval size limit is not working properly when receiving Japanese message.
– MMS Postcard application is not configurable in variant.
– The SMS switch to MMS automatically after adding more than 20 receivers.
– Maximum length email address name causes Messaging application to crash.
– Phone becomes unresponsive when using Music Player with 6000 songs.
– MP3 file does not play.
– The phone performance is low after skipping forward when playing aac song
– Media Player does not refresh “Recently played list” when USB cable is connected.
– The options in ‘Playlists’ has issues with playing the music properly.
– Music player crashes if renderer name contains tab characters.
– Progress bar in Now Playing view displays incorrectly after finishing playing automatic playlist.
– IHF speaker damage (failure) in Music Player.
– Artist name is not shown correctly.
– Artist name missing after music sync from Twonky.
– Music playback breaks when warning appears in Silent mode.
– Music volume level jumps when previewing a ring tone in profiles application.
– Visualization view is corrupted.
– Music player enters loop when updating the music library.
– Music can not be played after installing web server application from Downloads!.
– MPXPlaybackServer crashes when memory card is removed with Music Player running in the background.
– Music player library gets corrupted after several synchronizations.
– Music player keep searching new songs when activated if time separator was changed from default ( / ) to colon ( : ).
– Problems to control music player in applications where zooming is enabled.
– Drive New drive unavailable. Try again? is displayed when launching Ngage after creating a remote drive.
– N-Gage games fail to start after restore content from SD card.
– Could not install N-Gage and received error msg “Unknown error: -5″.
– N-gage gaming keys do not work in portrait mode.
– Volume key not illuminated when playing Games (N-Gage).
Nokia SW Checker
– Nokia Software Checker included in Welcome application.
– NSC can be used when DM is in the background.
– NSC background application sends Mobile-Crash reports in RnD releases.
– Log file must be removed if it exists in Production configuration.
– Timer (internal) is not working properly in Error cases.
– Interface is missing to enable other applications to use SW update checking capabilities.
– The time format is displayed incorrectly after updating in NSC application.
– Problem in French translation for “new update found” text.
– NSC-client incorrectly treats Error Codes from NSCS (FOX/FiRE).
– The second marked note cannot be sent after the first marked note was sent.
– Phone freezes or just stops opening applications when multiple applications are opened.
– Delete title in Newsticker application does not work correctly.
– When using an application with a high CPU load in the background(e.g. Music Player), the user interface to any other application on the phone becomes slow and sometimes crashes.
– Corrupt thumbnails are displayed if stopping a video in Photos after changing the display mode from Portrait mode to Landscape mode.
– Tag Manager in Photos closes on down arrow key.
– Location information not deleted from Image when deleted from details view.
– Photos crashes after opening ‘All’ view when 1000 images are saved in device.
– Photos is too slow with more than 10 DRM items
– Photos Application performance problems after number of photos are transferred to the device.
– Media keys illumination is wrong in slideshow in MC Photos is music is ON
– Slideshow is not illuminated
– Backlight goes off during Slide Show.
– Garbled search results when entering a number as the search title.
– Crash occurred after pressing end key during acquiring license for OD2 episode in episode view.
– The name of podcasting application includes unexpected symbol “/”, when phone language is Melayu.
– Naviscroll is not entering Sleep Mode.
– Standby current is stuck at approx 10mA if phone locked directly after boot up.
– Silent profile: Video call ringing tone is Beep. It should be Nokia Tune.
– Meeting profile: Video call ringing tone is Nokia Tune. It should be Beep.
– Offline profile: Vibrating alert is On. It should be off.
– Multimedia profile should be flagged as hidden.
Push to Talk
– PTT service is logged out after trying to delete connection profile.
– Error message “Memory full. Close other apps and try again.” occurred in Real Player.
– Playback view displays incorrectly in landscape mode in Real Player.
– “Show Songs” doesn’t work in Search in main view.
– Hidden IM application can be found and launched from Search.
– Check validity of password against time limit does not work.
– Lock code query does not pop up when powering on the phone even though “Lock if SIM card changed” is set to “Yes”.
– Lock code query pops up when powering on the phone even if SIM cards IMSI is in devices IMSI list.
– Unable to define MfE from Settings Wizard.
– Camera functionality works differently if changing camera modes from menu instead of using the lens cover.
– Crash is detected after pressing RSK quickly and continually when opening Share Online folder.
– Application crashes in device A when fetching MMS started from device B.
– No conflict solving dialog is displayed when previously synced contact’s phone number is edited on both phones.
– Phone crashes during Contacts slow sync with S40.
– Retrieving multiple MMS messages fails.
– Fetching multimedia files fails.
– Nokia folder file larger than 2MB is removed from terminal B when Nokia folder file sync is repeated.
– The start storing icon is missing in the landscape mode.
– Error note “Application closed: Switch” after copying has been finished.
– Part of address disappears in Contacts in slow sync with Series40.
– Fetching several giga bytes of sound files is interrupted.
– Fetching media gallery images fails.
– Deleted items from either device are not sent.
– The phone can not select the data type item when synchronised with a S60 2.0 phone.
– The phone cannot synchronise after disconnect the PC suite.
– OviSuite 1.0 – E-mail synchronization does not work.
– Calendar and Contacts are not synchronized though the note “Synchronization completed” is displayed when synchronizing with OVI Suite.
– Sync feature has several texts not localized.
– No downlink audio heard in the phone or headset on outgoing call.
– UI doesn’t send user defined image for VT call.
– CDSP problem in video call.
– Back camera is used as default camera during video call.
– Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call.
– Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
– Call disconnects after 20min.
– Can’t adjust MT call volume level when Visual Radio is in foreground.
– Opening multiple instances of voicemail via 1 key causes phone reset.
– DTMF signals are not sent when inband is used with key tones switched off.
– The person on other end of call can also hear the call audio when the gain value is set to zero.
– Crash when call is blacklisted.
– Not Allowed warning note is shown and Telephony UI is hidden when pressing the “End Call” button before an externally created MO call alert.
– Phone can’t display the in-coming call interface when connecting to PC suite.
– When placing multiple calls on “hold”, the other caller’s send key becomes unresponsive and on hold note is shown after call is ended.
– Telephone will crash after trying to send a media file during voice call while C-drive is too full for the generated multimedia message.
– Video call is shown in Options when highlighting a contact in EDGE SW.
– Call divert icon for line 2 disappears from UI.
– Phone reboot when making or receiving a call.
– Held call is activated after 1X+Send.
– Making a video call using DialNoFdnCheck () fails with -8071.
– Phone call is rejected if there are numbers in the idle screen while receiving an MT call.
– The volume can not be adjusted during a video call.
– Improvements to emergency call handling.
– Send to caller is inactive when trying to send a picture to caller during voice call.
– After call transfer, call cannot be ended.
– Video sharing image quality is poor on MT end.
– Call divert icon not seen on UI after phone powered off/on.
– ITU keys light turns off when receiving a voice call.
– During call, using volume key or camera key to wake up the device does not work.
– Back camera is used as default camera in video call.
– Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call/sharing.
– Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
– Display lights turn off during video call when lock switch activated.
– Phone application goes to background after standby theme has been changed.
– Menu events and “Phone handling events” missing from Audio Themes view.
– Video can not be played continuously if changing phone mode during playing video on TV.
– Screen becomes blank after rotating to landscape while viewing images on TV-Out if theme effect is ON.
– Incorrect UA Profile shown when in 3G.
– H264 Decoder hangs if first frame after valid header is corrupted
– Helix FLV payload support for playing flash videos from YouTube etc missing from 3.2 and 3.2.3 platforms.
– Video Center crashes when C: disk is full.
– Operator specific H.264 movie clip does not play.
– The content catalogue update for new feed fails when downloading a big video.
– Visual Radio does not startup.
– Enter key gives wrong behaviour in idle.
– Voice commands: Playback volume is 10 > should be 5.
– The phone freezes after pressing down arrow key in Voice Command list.
– Voice Commands play back volume configured.
– Video clip sharing does not work during VoIP call.
– Cannot input 256 characters to the query of VoIP service username and service password after enabling a VoIP service without a password.
– The name of MSK and display of Options are incorrect in Internet call barring settings.
– VoIP calls are shown as last name, first name in log.
– Device rebooted on MT call with Alcatel-Lucent Multicore.
– Two services can not be activated simultaneously if AP linked to SIP profiles
– Cancelling VoIP call causes reset.
– Double hold not working with Cisco Call Manager
– Unable to save the new profile created using existing one.
– Incorrect value of PTime and UDP packet length in RTP stream are shown.
– Phone crashed when using VoIP with NAT setting to AP without NAT.
– DTMF tones are sent but tone is heard twice on sending phone during VoIP call.
– Crash occurs if VoIP service connection isn’t selected in 20-30 seconds.
– Logs doesn’t show presence status when call is made before subscribing.
– Presence status is not updated correctly.
– UI note “Error in connection” is missing if first VoIP call fails.
– WidSets application is not rotating correctly.
– WLAN login application crashes randomly.
– WLAN APN passed along with SDP content is not utilized by Real Player.
– Connection fails via WPA/WEP protected access point.
– Connection fails when SNAP-list has first priority packet data and wanting to use WLAN connection.
– Incorrect active WLAN interface handling.
– Phone reboots when user confirms to close one PDP context in disconnect dialog.
– Unable to use Zip Manager if phone has a remote drive with incomplete settings.